Monday, May 2, 2011

This Weekend of Festivals

Saturday morning we did the obligatory walk thru the swap meet, I was hoping to get new clear record sleeves, I ended up getting a "learn Spanish while you drive" cd. :)
We went and looked at new couches, but are torn between what Loki will tear up and my hatred of leather couches. Went to look at tires, as a chick, I really don't care! However, we happened to find ourselves at the Adams Avenue Roots festival. I have no clue what a "Roots Festival" is, aside from a lot of people trying to get you to sign petitions to keep the dispensaries open. Me? I couldn't care less... We searched for Mexican corn in a cup to no avail.
Saturday night, we watched Winter's Bone. The character girl was nominated for an Oscar for her work. It was pretty good, made me feel all yucky, but the thought of meth makes me all "EWWW".
Sunday, we trolleyed down to the Little Italy Art Walk, saw some great work~!
I am working on making sure that I have seen all the Best Picture winning movies, last night we watched 12 Angry Men. Fantastic!

No comments: