Thursday, May 12, 2011

Random Thoughts on this Thursday

A week closer to Shea being at middle school, a week closer to this semester being over! w00t! The counselor was so helpful yesterday, we got my paperwork in for my certificate as a tax preparer and a certificate of performance in speech, after I complete financial and managerial accounting, plus economics, I'll be done with the AA in accountancy. That I could have done this semester, but I think I'll walk next spring. My transfer major is changed to public administration, I feel like a dunce choosing a major with a lower GPA but, oh well, as they say, it is what it is.

All I have left is my final in federal tax, with the 2 extra credit projects, a discussion post for speech and speech final, and... ? and.. ? oh damn! That's it!

I am having to take a class or two at Grossmont/Southwestern, and I'm completely dumbfounded by their websites, they look like crap. On a good note tho, my fafsa was approved for all the financial aid for next year. whew!

I am trying to get my photo albums up to date, 2011 is a few months behind, https://picasaweb.google.com/aggona.2011 and 2010 is uploaded til summer, but I am working non-stop! https://picasaweb.google.com/aggona.2010.2

I have plans on redoing the living room, the next step is to refinish a bookshelf, I just need the spare time to take everything off it, so we can take it out and sand and paint, slowly but surely. One piece at at time, still want to replace the TV and pick up a new bed frame.

Tonight, is the Friday First Music Club at the Holiday Inn, that should be really cool. Tomorrow is the OB Exposed photo contest, I was thinking that it would be a cool exhibit to go around and photograph all our businesses and their proprietors, kind of "in motion." I saw this photo in the library of Willy back in the 60's at his shop, and it was such a great photo. Looking back at those years from now, would be really cool. Ya know like, "Oh, I remember those guys at the coffee shop or that mechanic!" or "Remember that lady who brought me that fantastic veggie burrito for years?!" or "Hey, remember the folks at Bernie who sold us the cheeseburger bike bell?" :) I think that could be a fun summer plan.

No comments: