Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hierarchy of Importance

Trying to keep up with the bloggin..... In my daily todo notebook, it now starting to have its own "to be blogged" list. Just some little things that I would like to file away so I can read it later.

Shealyn came home with a list of people from school and her assignment was to put the people in order of importance. Scientist, Preacher, Teacher, Farmer, Artisan and I think one more. I showed her Maslow's hierarchy and suggested she match each person to their place on the pyramid. It was an interesting conversation between teacher and preacher. My argument was that teachers weren't responsible for all that the preachers got done in history. I can't imagine a public school teacher, in 5th grade telling a kid that a preacher was more important than a teacher.

No comments: