Thursday, January 10, 2013

'Atta Boy!

My last "performance review" was at least 9 years ago! Back when NH was attempting to be legit, before the .com bust got the best of 'em.  I have begun a new career, and lo and behold, at 6 months in, I got a legit "review" and to my giddy, my review was good!  Not that I think I do poor work, I am just not use to getting an 'atta boy for my work done.  At my last desk, I felt I was the single person who, in my department, gave a damn.  I actually cared, I didn't think of our clients as "insert insult" but that wasn't enough to being ultimately laid off.  The industry was the reason, more so.  I see the owner in the neighborhood, and at every friend wave I get, I still think of the last 4 or so years without a review or an 'atta boy.  Not that there is a bitter resentment, I still am thankful for the tech job sans tech experience.  That offer put me on my way to a career off my feet, not serving coffee to drunks or eggs to the rest.  It gave me self worth, whereas before I had none.  So, I guess in the end, my pat on the head was really a stroke to that ego.  Hard to pay the bills on that. :)

Having started a new path, and I so excited.  My boss, my coworkers and the lot are just fantastic. I am a lucky girl.  It only takes one HR lady to get you into a 2nd interview, and so on.  /Thankful

No comments: