Monday, November 3, 2008

a New Goal

Something that I want to do for the year of 2009, it take Shea around on a tour (if you will)
of Churches, Mosques, & Synagogue.

Why? Well, an experiment? A Lesson?

I see so much ignorance around, and alot of it is plain fear of the unknown.
And kids are raised that way. Churches still hold some weirdness for me.
I remember going so Sunday school, and I remember my Mom or Step dad
never going with me. But, the bus would come around, and I'd go.
I remember sitting there, and waiting for something magical to happen,
if I concentrate hard enough, pray hard enough, God will talk to me.

I think more the lesson is now, in sociology. To check out what each
religion means to the people who are there. I am looking forward to
studying up on each sect, then sitting thru a service and comparing
the people and what they believe to each other.

I am putting together my list, and doing the research on which churches to
go to. Also, really looking forward to the Far Eastern churches, the Jewish
synagogue, and of course the Catholics.

We plan to kick this off with Midnight Mass.

So, I have got my list of types to visit, now I need to find the place.

1. Roman Catholic
2. Eastern Orthodox
3. Baptist
4. Methodist
5. Lutheran
6. Jehovah's Witnesses
7. Latter-day Saints
8. Seventh-day Adventist
9. Pentecostal
10. Episcopal
11. Christian Science
12. Quakers
13. Mennonite
14. Zionist
15. United
16. Brethren & Mennonite
17. Islam
18. Hindu
19. Hare Krishna / Vaishnavism
20. Buddist
21. Sikhism
22. Masorti Judaism
23. Reform Judaism
24. Orthodox Judaism
25. Reconstructionist Judaism
26. Bahá'í
27. Jainism
28. Shinto
29. Cao Dai
30. Tenrikyo
31. Rastafari
32. Zoroastrianism
33. Scientology
34. Wicca
35. Asatru
36. Unitarian Universalism



I definitely will need to separate the Christian churches with
the Asian churches. I will definitely hit up people that I know
who go, to let us tag along. Should be an interesting learning
experience for Shea.

1 comment:

Kila Bell said...

Holy Moly This is AWESOME! Tell me more!