Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fishing n Saving; Ah, America!

We went out fishing off the Shelter Island pier on Tuesday.
What a blast, not that we caught anything but kelp, and fed
most our squid to the pelican, it was just fun.

There was drama when Shea's Sponge Bob kiddie rod n reel
went off the pier, but Mikee saved the day by a quick change of
hook to a bigger guy and he fished it back up, the crying kid
was happy again.

He has told me about how the fisherman have to go our further
n further into the ocean for the bigger tuna's and whatnot. How
its rare to catch anything substantial off the piers.

Commercial fishing frenzy criticized

I wonder if Obama will hit this issue too.

They went to the Fisherguys's store next to my house for squid,
and there Shea found herself a $289 reel that she decided she needed.
:)

Not quite, but she can take a picture of it, pin it to her corkboard
and start saving.

Speaking of, her savings is growing well.
She says to me this morning, "When is my allowance day?"
To which I replied
"Excuse me?, This is a capitalism kid, you get what you earn!"
Being as it may, what you have earned, your payday is the 1st
and the 15th same as mine. Then we went to her white board
in her room and I explained her paycheck for tomarrow.

Perfect spelling tests earn $1
Each mile ran on the early morning Running Team @ School earns 1$
This pay period
Spelling tests 110% ( 2 bonus words) #6, 7, 8
Miles ran : 5-15
She earns $13 from me for her immediate savings
and $13 from her Dad for her bank, which I call her 401k.

I think that for a 7 year old, that is clear, concise and efficient.

Funny, how she will be like "Lets go for YOGURT"
and I'll be like "ok, get your $"
and she will promptly change her mind.

Ah! raising a kid who's tight with her money!

GOOD!






No comments: