Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Big Moey Fan

I saw this kid on the news this morning.
I am a now a big fan of his mom Mindy Stombler!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mindystombler/2955253045/



For as MUCH effort as I put into the costumes that I make for Shea,
its not only the costume itself, but did she learn something? Is it meaningful?

While we were trick or treating last night, heads turned at her!
Maybe a quarter of adults got it, but, all could see the effort that went into making
Marie Antoinette! (zombie, of course)
Many people told her that it was their favorite costume, but
the difference between going to Target and buying something vs going to
Amvets and getting an old worn out bridesmaid dress, and sewing it to fit
a 7 year old, and the rest put together with creativity, the Internet and
Buffalo Breathe! We worked for a month and she was able to go door to door
and give a history lesson of France. And THAT was cool.

You heard Mom's explaining to their kids what a guillotine was as they walked by.

I was very proud!







2 Years ago, We were all pizza!



And last year, She was Bloody Mary, Queen of England,
Henry VIII's oldest daughter.

I was very stoked on ALL the kids that were out trick or treating,
and all the grown ups who were dressed up right along with em!

I felt bad for the 8 Snow Whites, and the 10 Cinderellas!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

p.s. Thanks for the sweet comments!
http://candyvote.com

Mindy said...

I love your costumes! You gotta love a little guillotine education for the kiddos! Fun moms unite--Mindy (Moey's Mom)