Friday, July 31, 2015

Loni Lethal, You Scare the Sh*t Out of Me & Other Navy Stories

Last nights practice was Loni coaching and Navy Chief Shannon "I'rish You'd Crash" and Navy Helicopter Mechanic Steve "Scissors Me Timber" and it was all hitting and positional blocking.
When I wasn't lost in the Navy acronym talk I was getting knocked around, pushed and shoved.

Loni has always scared the shit out of me. I know she works with Navy Seals and is deployed often and is getting ready to go to Iraq.  She is built like the proverbial shit house and is obviously sleeved with hula dancers on her calves.  The "take no shit" vibe is strong, and when I got to boot camp and put the 2 together "Hitting + Loni" I was shit scared.

I made it thru, and was even taking hits off the banked, but I didn't fall and I didn't get hurt, and I feel a bit stronger today.

Often, the more intimidating the person is, the sweeter it is when you get to know them and discover they are sweet and all you want to do is give them hugs. :)

No comments: