Friday, February 25, 2011

2.25.11 : Counting My Blessing.. as they say....

I dropped Shea at the ol' elementary school this morning and a friend was dropping off her son, who's in Shea's class at the same time. I called her over to the car, and asked if she was going to
the planned birthday shindig for our friend tomorrow, and told her I wanted to talk to her.....

I am pretty open with my friends about my life, my history, my failures, my successes and my goals. This particular friend is so amazing I think the world of her. She is highly educated, well traveled, and it happened the world threw her this "curveball," as they say...
Her bf's sister passed away, leaving a young son, after a serious drug problem. Her bf and her took this boy in, and she has raised him, as her own. Life has put so much in her way, and she is so strong, and I tell her my problems and she listens so graciously, despite her own.

We went for a 2 hour long walk this morning and talked, and I guess I just wanted to note, that I am very lucky for what I have, sometimes it is not always in my front part of my head, but its there, and I am truly grateful.

No comments: