Friday, March 27, 2015

Medium Canadian Party

Zrelak and I had a party once, where we made beer formulas to decide how much beer to buy, yes on a whiteboard. But those were the good old days of working at an ISP. We share birthdays.
We decided on a Medium Canadian Party, not too big, not to small and I cannot remember why on earth we wanted to be Canadian.
That was oh.. 11 years ago?

This year, we are all grown up. Hah.  We had dinner with Zrelak and his amazing wife at my favorite little spot, the Red Fox Room. We drank and ate steak and I had just a wonderful night.


There were dirty sailors, and baby making music and strawberry mojitos and lemon drops.   The dance floor was pitch black, with only the sound of my heels, and the low whispers, trying to remain hushed. I hear the word was sent like a game of telephone and I was rendered a keeper and all was well. We wandered thru the rest of our weekend in a haze. Conversations are at length, stares are focused, and I am so enveloped.  

They say your 40s are where it is at... So far so good. It sure is nice to feel again.



No comments: