Saturday, March 7, 2015

How the West Was Won - AZRD & Atom Day 1










































We drove out on Friday night, staying at Slaviks with 11 peeps. All in the family, eh? Day was was the Dollinquents against SDRD's Teen Terrors. What a great team, I am always impressed with McKillah. Girls just is totally eyes on the prize.  Phoenix really brought it to the Chula Vista bout lat year as well, and they took it here also. Well done, Phx.  For Sheas' first official bout, she pulled 4 penalties but her jamming pretty good.
Her Grandpa & Aunt came up from Tuscon to see her, which was just fantastic!
They won the 2nd bout against Sin City, which really brought their spirits up. From my perspective, its just so enduring to watch Shea bond with the team, slowing she is finding her place, earning her spot.  Being part of a team means carrying your own weight and being an asset, not a liability.
These teenagers are the strongest girls, and I say that with such admiration. This sport is tough physically, and more so mentally. I see them leaning on each other for strength and support.
These girls give my teenager something that not only can I not give, but its hard to explain, but its plain as day when I watch them work together. 


No comments: