Sunday, January 26, 2014

Roll Bounce!

Seems our last roller rink is always under attack.  The joy of flying around that rink brings my fond memories of Skate Castle in Loveland.  I spent a lifetime there, I can remember the days that school was closed and it would be all day skate and when it was your own schools night. Remember how they had all the elementary school shirts on the wall.  I was a Garfield Gremlin. :)  Remember how you'd get a pop for a quarter and you'd get the 'suicide'? The dj-roller referee guy was always my hero, and that was what I wanted to do when I became a teenager. My 6th grade boyfriend was a breakdancer and brought cardboard to the back corner.  I remember the games, and how the bathrooms had no doors.

The San Diego roller ink is not as cool as Skate Castle, but its still a great throwback, and a great place to spend our afternoon.  We went on Wednesday night too, and my system was shocked when Xanadu came over the speaker.....

No comments: