Saturday, October 27, 2012

Running Circles as the Sun Sets

October is cool.   Costumes conjured up become reality. I wonder when time change is.  Thanksgiving plans materialize. Christmas dreams begin.  The end is in site for Fall classes.  And the daylight goes away.
Which isn't always good, obviously getting getting more done in the daylight.

Its been such a busy fun month, at Humphreys, we enjoyed Crosby Stills & Nash, Bonnie Raitt, and George Thorogood.  We had a great dinner with Christie & Henry at Lido's, a new gem.  A whole in the wall Italian spot hidden in Lemon Grove.  Speaking of Italian, we finally went to Marinos in PB, and checked out the new drive in.  The only bummer was their sound system was jacked up. :(



Shea started Cotillion, and that makes for a fun Monday night. Mikee & I spent a night in a Jacuzzi Cabin, found the Plank Road, went to the Territorial Prison Museum.  I took Shea to the Girls Expo at the Town & Country Resort.  It reminded me of when Carmella takes Meadow to Tea at some hoity toity NY City place, the Plaza I think.  We went to a School of Rock show, where we battled a cook, then enjoyed the Haunted Hay Ride.  All the while, I am getting my ass kicked in Algebra, again.  Mikee his number in line to take the General Contractor's test.  My hit my 90 days at my new job, and am finally feeling a calm sense of clarity, where I think I'm understanding it all.  Its a completely new field to me, so it's been quite an undertaking, but it is all coming together, and its a great feeling to feel like I understand.  Remind me of my old Nethere days, when the guys would give me shit about not understanding DUN.  Ugh ;(

Today is the OB Rec Halloween carnival, tonight is the Old Town Zombie walk, next week is Halloween, the HTH Halloween Dance, Dia de los Muertos in Old Town and then I want to go to the Santa Ysabel Indian Cemetary, for their Dia de los Meurtos ceremony.  We are expecting a full moon and the Santa Ana's for Halloween.

Whew! Yeay Fall.

When is time change again?

No comments: