Saturday, October 6, 2012

Falls Fallen In Line

Only towards the end of the week, did it begin to feel fallish.  When it is dark before the timed apartment lights go on, its feels a little off.

Sunday, Shea got to go Valley Girl style shopping with Aunt Maddy.  She came home with all her fancy mall bags, and I *facepalm* and fake a smile.  "You should come shopping with me and Aunt Maddy!" she offered.  Ugh, mall shopping. Sorry, kid, not my bag. Literally. I was near panic attack while she picked out Toms at Nordstoms, UGH... that place, with their icky sales people and super overpriced crap.  UGH.
I will continue to walk the line, preaching the anti-materialism and letting go, a little every day to let her be.

I countered the Valley Girl trip, with a new pink fishing pole and tackle box.  We did a little fishing at Shelter Island before putting out the lawn chairs, bbq and RC cars to listen to Crosby Stills & Nash.  Over discussion of Woodstock and that generation who defined idealism.

Math was took me one step forward and one step back this week.  I figured out one chapter, still stumped on another. Ugh.

Tuesday, Shea & I had dinner with Christie & Mr. Henry at Lodi's in Lemon Grove.  What a great old spot, it felt like the Volare of East SD. :)

Thursday, we scrambled making a few dozen cupcakes for Fall Festival


Friday, we went to the Festival, pretty big blow out!  I enjoyed watching the director do hip hop line dancing with the kid and getting dunked in the tank.  Can't go wrong with a dunk tank, right?  Shea became a kitteh and the dance troup was great to see.


No comments: