Tuesday, September 11, 2012

HTMMA Back to School Night

Shea's Humanities teacher was a student at HTH, that is cool.  HTH helps their teachers obtain higher degrees, Shea's Math & Science teacher is working on her 2nd Masters, that is also cool.  I still don't have everything figured out with this new school but I think she likes it more than Dana. I think so far, she is getting more smarts in her head, which is the important thing.  I can definitely see the different style of teaching.  We have been reading more together.  We read The Cay, Island of the Blue Dolphin and I zoomed through One Crazy Summer and she is still trying to get into it.  It is tough to explain the 60's do an 11 year old.  The Civil Rights movement and how that generation change the course of our history.  Currently, we are halfway though Wonderstruck, and it is amazing!  Highly recommended :)
I also like the idea that the after school program hosts dances.

No comments: