Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More Sweet Than Bitter, Bitter Than Sweet

I keep using the word "bittersweet" to explain these past few weeks. Shea is leaving OBE. It seems just like yesterday, I was wrestling with the choice where to send her.
And in only 3 days, she will do her little parade through the auditorium and call it an era. I attended my last OBE PTA meeting last night. Not for any reason, but to just go one last time. For the great time time has had there, for all the amazing teachers, this kid is mentally ready for her next challenge. To which I am so glad it isn't the other way around, and I was having to drag her kicking and screaming. :)
She has started her 5th grade books at the academy, and I think she will have a good head start come this fall. The Bean told me how bored she was the other day, and it got me to thinking about what we were doing back home in the summer. Lets.. see.. I was laying around watching TV, sure I'd go and play, but I also remember alot of "its too hot to go outside!" as well. I really wasn't' too engaged, hell, Mom was still pulling her 40 hour work week, I was just learning to cook on my own.

This will be the last summer, that I get so spend with the kids and I'm very excited to make it a lot of fun!

No comments: