Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day , Thanks for Nothing

Dad #1, Thanks for Nothing

My biological dad left me memories of stalking and harassment. Or at least, at 4 years old that was the impression I was left with. Regardless, after a mother and daughter were sent on a state to state flee, he was 100% gone by 1978. I was left with nothing of that. My mother could or would not explain anything to me, the facts I'm left with are that he has a full beard by the age of 14, knocked up my mother when they lived on Colfax, and his father was a jeweler and his mother's name was Mary, and were from Cincinnati. Gee, thanks for all that.

Dad #2, Thanks for making it worse,

My step dad came into the picture when I was 4. He and his brother were in and out of prison when I was very young. Of course, no one spoke of it, as if it never happened. When they finally got "their household" in order, he kept jobs for the uneducated and my mother stayed employed as a waitress. The days growing up, were nothing but a daily party fest for them. If I were to go thru this stack of pictures when I was growing up, it would be hard to NOT find beer cans and trays of pot in in them. I thought it was normal. The older I get the more angry I get.

My "dad" did little to prepare me for the future of success. I inherited a tolerance for booze and a disrespect for society. I was doomed.

When I was 21 or 22 or so, he was arrested for something so bad, I can't even mention it here, and I am not even going to get into that know. He went to back to prison, for 8 years, and it was just another thing that we didn't talk about.

With that, Happy Father's Days, you two fucking failures.

No comments: