Friday, March 20, 2020

Philly - The Best Airport Music Evah

My new coworker is from Philly, and has an accent.  I couldn't place it, cuz its not Boston, its not NY, its something else, but still, I just dig accents. 

The night I spent on the streets in Philly is in the running for the best night of my lift, Philly holds this place in my heart as a that place... when its mentioned, I go quiet and smile, get warm and hum some TSOP.

Oddly enough, the BF said something tonight about Big Lizard in my Backyard, so I threw in the old cracked cassette and we sat and listened with such warmth.  My inner running dialog is voiced by Rodney Anonymous. I was saying that when I was a kid listening to them, I assumed they were from Texas? I had no idea what Philly was, I just remember a scream of "San Antonion TEXAS"

Anywhoo, young me was wrong, as usual and I pulled up this interview, and and relized in the first sentence out of Joe Jack Talcum's mouth, sounds just like my new coworker, when he says "Ramones" :) Ah.... a Philly accent!


No comments: