Monday, November 5, 2018

Oh Love.

Love, look what you've done to me
Never thought I'd fall again so easily
Oh, love, you wouldn't lie to me
Leading me to feel this way
- Boz Scaggs

A new journey is upon me.
I have found love in two places.
One old, familiar, deep safe and all encompassing. 
One young, stirring, unexpected and intriguing.
Never being less than selfish, I am going to try a new route.
One of polyamory.

I have been in love with D for years. We have had waves of insanity.
Waves of deep love and deep loathe.
When the going is good, it is like no other.
When the going is bad, run for cover, the earth is scorched.
We are  kindred spirits.

I saddled up next to T, while he was sitting alone at the bar at local hangout.
Me having little restraint, 
noticed he was alone and just so cute had immediately requested a slow dance.  
His thick NY accent and acceptance of my silly slow dance proposal knocked me out. 
D and I had put 3 years of dating to rest and I felt like a kid in a candy shop,
yet the feeling of remorse was strong and conflicting.

T was here for 6 weeks, then was shipped out to Bahrain.
While he was gone, D decided to change his life trajectory.
Which included the repair of all I had destroyed.

While D's aim was true, T's intent was also crystal clear.
"I am returning back to SD, and I am returning to you"

The roller coaster had begun to leave the station.

No comments: