Sunday, May 8, 2016

Damn You Hallmark Holidays

Truly hate Mother's Day... Here kids, lets set up some failure.. if you don't get it perfect, you're an ass.
So, I fixed it.  Put on the spin.

Mother's day is the day you air your grievances to your mom. Yes, like in Seinfeld. A day to tell Mom everything she did to piss you off over the year, to get it off your chest. And mom has the chance to listen and make right.

My eldest called early and said "I've been waiting for today to tell you this, are you sure it won't hurt your feelings?"
"No, lets hear it, lets face it, lets clear the air"
She goes on to say that after I moved to California, her dad use to watch the "O.C."
(which is hilarious in itself)
However, she continues say that when the theme song played, it made her sad.
( I also assume anger was there also....)

It gave me the chance to face what my actions did to her, and to take responsibility and to apologize.
To take hurt and try to heal. It was exactly what I think Mother's Day should be.

Honesty is key and this is the hardest job and most easily to fuck up.. and with dire consequences...




My BF and youngest too me to play disc golf for the rest of day, and it was lovely.








No comments: