Saturday, August 31, 2013

Big Girl Pants in My Big Girl Car

I haven't met many people with driving issues like mine.  Got my license before I was 16 and lost by 17.  I didn't' get that f*cker back until, ... well.. it took some time.  During that time, I walked and bused everywhere.  It was my cross, my burden.  And I thought deeply everytime I sat in the rain waiting for a bus, every time I had to take the trolley to La Mesa to pay my rent, carrying groceries on my bike.  I did not take it lightly.  But I paid my penance and the day I went to the DMV and was able to be a grown up again back reflects in my face on the card.  Its pretty funny.  The next step, was to get on my big girl pants and take out a loan on a car.  My first big girl car.  Well, with that back story laid, I just checked in and it seems I have 5 payments left on my first loan to own my first big girl car.  Its tough to start out in life, digging your self out of a whole you put your self in, but you come out dirty and full of lessons learned.  And to know that I paid for it myself, with tools that I put myself to school to learn, it sweet.  I didn't have anyone give it to me or pay for it for me.  Dues are sweeter from your own sweat and toil. eh?  I am happy to report, that since I have had my license back, I have only gotten 2 speeding tickets... in Nebraska. :)



No comments: