Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ironic Karma

I sometimes have to give tough news over the phone for my work.  Sometimes I can get an earful.  I'm pretty mellow. As Argo was beginning late last night, the phone buzzed from Ithaca NY, I do not see this place on my trip. (wearing Issey Miyake in Ithaca might be fun verbal, at a gar bar)  The non-partisian ladty asked about come credit card charges, and I answered yes to Amvets & no to Victoria Secrets... in Culver City. Say what? :)  Poor lady must get an earful often.  Its easy to make fraud personal, YOU lady from the bank, YOU are the reason my credit card number was used and not by me. YOU.   I hope thunderstorm cloud that follows here all day over her head cleared a little because of my nonchalant response.  "Ok, shit happens, I watch my accounts, I know it will be taken care of, I know you will cancel that debit card, I know the drill," I tell her.  She didn't need to explain that someone may have looked over my shoulder at the grocery store or other scenarios.  Dude, I've been robbed by an ATM in Tijuana by the best, this is joker business! haha.

Recently, I snickered at another's misfortune.  It wasn't in FULL mean spirit, it was more of "you are a mean person, and mean things happen to mean people" and I snickered a bit.

The irony of my card getting used at a Victoria Secret, is ipso facto my tiny snicker.  Karma giving me a slight slap on the wrist.


No comments: