Friday, November 11, 2011

The Far Off Booms

I can hear them from my Point Loma home. I know that less that 10 miles away, our Commander in Chief sits, on Veteran's day, watching a show on the USS Carl Vincent.

What is always called to attention in my mind is that line drawn, especially on Veteran's Day, between "supporting the troops" or "being "un-American".

I hate that.

How's this sound. I hate the idea of mass corporations, therefore I hate all people who work for WalMart.

Syllogism reasoning does not work like this.

I hate American war-mongering. Our represent war mongering. I hate our troops.

Bullshit.

I happen to have a huge soft spot in my cold heart for military. I tear up at the national anthem. I love American history. I spent Veterans's day taking a kids to the Marine Corps Museum today. But I HATE wars. I HATE this ideal of "manifest destiny" globalization. I know what happens to countries when they get to big for their britches. And that does NOT mean that I "hate" or do not "support troops". That is crap. I am not un-american. I am uber-American. I am free thinker. I evaluate each and every idea that is presented before me. I do not swallow that that is force fed on me.

I am damn scared for that kharma this country's officials is earning for its people.

Each and every man and woman who served, I admire your courage. I sure as hell do.
If I had it to do again, as I have said before, I would have joined the Navy. I wish I did.

I do honor thy.

No comments: