Wednesday, October 29, 2008

El Profesor Jimenez... Argh!

In Espanol yesterday, the professor changed the next exam date.
He changed it to November 4th. I did mention it a MONTH ago, that
I will not be in that day, due to the fact that I am a Precinct Inspector
for the Registrar of Voters, a day that starts at around 9 the night before
for setting up all the booths and tables. The starts again at 5am that
morning, and will keep my at my post at least until 10. The younger
my workers get, the faster we get done.

It was so painful watching poor 80 year old volunteer ladies count
ballots by hand.

So, I say at the beginning of class
"When would be a good time to talk to you about rescheduling the exam?"

He gives me this look.
& says

"Do 'I' reschedule exams?" (rhetorically)

"Oh really, because if you will not let me reschedule, then I
will have to walk out of class right now, if I miss this, I will
ultimately fail the class"

He gives and we agree on another time.

But, that whole scene was uncomfortable.

Speaking of, I wonder what is the difference, like where
does the fork happen between those people who are confrontational
and those who are not...

Confrontation typically make me "ugh".. I get nervous,
my heart pressure goes up, my temp goes up.

Yet, some people thrive off that shit. I use to be friends with this
woman, who couldn't go an hour without yelling at someone, her kid,
her dog, the neighbor .. a stranger.

Needless to say, I am no longer friends with her.
She sees me here and there, and I am polite, and she still looks at me
like, why don't you wanna hang out? And I think to myself, you were
soooo volotile, I still have a headache. I prefer to people, who are give
the benefit of the doubt, who see the silver lining, who are generous.

But sometimes you must confront, I wonder if there is a class to take.
'How to confront and be confronted without shitting yourself?"

Speaking of... classes, not shitting myself, I enroll for Spring soon

1: Buse Com 119
2: Buse 155
3: Anth 109
4: Math Lab : 96
5: Buse Law 140

Another 15 Units...

Spring should fly by.

No comments: